Welcome to the Te Aroha & District Museum
Te Aroha & District Museum Society Inc.
Te Aroha & District Museum is located in the Cadman Bathhouse, The Domain, Te Aroha. The buildings in the domain form the only complete Edwardian Domain in New Zealand.
Opened in 1898, the bathhouse was the first building commissioned especially for tourists - so has been called "The birth place of tourism in New Zealand".
In 1971 Te Aroha Mayor, Henry Skidmore, started the museum, which is still growing and developing today. We have a large and varied collection of which 75% is display at any one time. Special exhibitions are staged twice a year.
Dick's Delicatessen at 123 Whitaker St 1950s
Our home the Cadman Bath House - early 20th century
Our main street c1906 showing Hetherington's shop on the corner
Wedding reception tables set up at the Majestic Tea Rooms late 20th century
FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Ph: +64 7 884 4427
102 Whitaker Street
Te Aroha 3320
2 Adults & up to 4 children aged 5-16 (under 5's free)
Sorry we do not have Eftpos.
7 days a week.
Other times available by appointment